But all was not well, the problem… I do not own a jacket to meet the dress code. Therefore, I decided over the last month or so to do my best to piece together two very fine outfits for the trip.
I know most of those who knew about this are very anxious to see me in action with my dress attire, (as I am anxious to share it) so I will post some of those tonight. Later this week I will post more of our vacation photos.
While I was piecing these exquisite ensembles together, (through various local thrift stores and family hand-me-downs) I decided to grow some facial hair to compliment my new threads. For the last four weeks, I have had side burns and a goatee. (both of which are much longer than the hair on my head)
Before dinner on the first night, I shaved my goatee into a mustache for that 1970’s used car salesman look. In fact, I think I played the part so well because Adah (Danah’s mom) didn’t even recognize me when she first saw me.
In the end, the looks and whispers of people around me reinforced my fashion decisions and I received the reactions that I had hoped for. Another bonus of the week… a sailboat race from Chicago to Mackinaw Island had ended on Monday, so I can only hope and assume that some of the racers stayed at the Grand Hotel the same days that we did… you know… for that added exposure. ;-)
The sign explaining the dress code... good thing I came prepared!
A pic of the dining hall.
The live musicians.
My new 'stache!
Burn, Baby Burn!
True American!
Love those socks!
Sorry ladies, this man is taken.
Is that a harpist in the background?
1 comment:
That guy is AWESOME...the 'stach and the shoes!!! and the burns!!! Nice...Nice...
I only wonder how Danah did, being seen with you when you looked like that! :)
I bet the nice suit the last night helped make up for it though.
Good job with the suits...we're glad you had a good time and got back safely.
Post a Comment